Hello dear mum artists,
It was so great to share time with those of you who attended the "Who Does She Think She Is?" screening earlier this month. Some of you may not know, so I will give you a brief synopsis: The documentary follows several visual & performing artists, who are mothers, and chronicles the challenges they face in striking a balance between family & art. The women artists were captivating and their stories were so compelling that the film seemed to really resonate with all of us in different ways. There were many tears shed in the house that afternoon, followed afterwards by good conversation and laughter for those of us who went across the street to Kate Mantellini's for an impromptu lunch. I have some photos to post here and addresses to add and with any luck I'll remember how this blog site works and get everything up tonight before my focus gets pulled in even more directions.
Don't know about all of you but this month has been chock full of kiddie activities and family obligations and spring break and travel ...Thus the delay in writing & posting here till now... and now and now we're launching into out-of-town guest portion of the month and then it is warp speed till the end of the school year. Yikes!
Which is why it is so wonderful to set aside some time to spend with all of you and meet and share our stories and victories and frustrations. And I really want to encourage you to continue the conversation here on the blog. Jump in whenever you like.
Tentatively mark your calendar for Sunday, May 17th. We're in the planning stages of setting up a screening of Kate Perotti's film at CalArts. (Thank you again, Nicole!) We're also lining up some other fun events for this summer. Let me know your thoughts here about other events you'd like to suggest, too.
Before I sign off, I also want to tell you that alum Maria Nicolacakis had a beautiful baby girl on March 26.
Take care. I am eager to hear from all of you and see you again, soon. Till then, I'm off to recuperate from chairing today's "project fair" at the boys' school and to prepare for the cub scout "pinewood derby" and a visit from my in-laws. Hope all is well with you in your life.
Best, Jeudi
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.